The English curriculum intends to:
- Develop students who have the passion and skills for communication in all elements of life.
- Create curious learners who understand the cultural context which influences their interpretation of texts.
- Embed ambitious literary texts from the English canon and beyond(seminal world literature) which inspire and motivate students beyond their life experience.
- Take learners beyond their knowledge zone to explore a variety of viewpoints with courage and competency of the language.
- Build vocabulary to support students to engage in better conversations.