The Witham English Curriculum intends to:
• Develop students who have the passion and skills for communication in all elements of life.
• Create curious learners who understand the cultural context which influences their interpretation of texts.
• Embed ambitious literary texts from the English canon and beyond(seminal world literature) which inspire and motivate students beyond their life experience
• Take learners beyond their knowledge zone to explore a variety of viewpoints with courage and competency of the language.
• Build vocabulary to support students to engage in better conversations